Oscars Recap 2013 + best dressed
The Oscars red carpet is the fashion lovers equivalent of the Superbowl. It's the night that I spend all year waiting for, mainly because (like every woman who believes that dress-up never truly ends) the gowns are just so damn pretty. My favorite way to celebrate the event? A nice meal, a pre-show Twitter and Instagram stalking session, the ceremonial choosing of my favorite looks and returning the next day for a little Fashion Police with Joan Rivers! This year played host to a few MAJOR lace moments, some stunning statement jewelry and a few trendier dresses (peplums and studs on the red carpet? yes please!).
- Louise Roe in Monique Lhuillier This dress was one of my favorites of the night (it was definitely between this and the gorgeous blue Elie Saab for best dressed around here). The nude tulle, the crimson lace overlay, the effortless hair and smokey eye combo? This is styling perfection manifested! Check out Louise's tweets from the big night here.
- Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen Although the color choice was a little pale for Amanda's porcelain complexion, I'm loving the halter-style neckline and the stunning beadwork on this gown.
- Samantha Barks in Valentino The 22 year old Le Mis stunner kept it simple and sexy in this low-cut black dress but the real show-stopper was her gorgeous (who knows the designer?) bling! I can't get enough of this look.
- Stacy Keibler in Naeem Khan George Clooney's better half showed up in a gunmetal chiffon frock covered in metallic embellishments that didn't disappoint. Her bold black belt helps to break up all of the dresses visual weight but I'm not a fan of the hair.
- Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture I've been a big fan of the trendy peplum this year and I love Charlize for rocking this gorgeously tailored version on the carpet. The always stunning actress looked flawless and classic, but I do wish she had a little fun with a bright lip or some statement jewelry.
- Alicia Vikander in Elie Saab This breathtaking periwinkle gown wins my vote for best dressed, hands down! The cut and half-sleeve are classy and timeless but all of that lace detail elevates this dress to next-level heights. Strategically placed fleur de lis make this look super sexy without being raunchy and can we please have a moment of silence for the styling here? The simple stud. The skinny belt. Perfection! This is what I'll be wearing on the red carpet of my dreams...