Feliz Cinco de Mayo!
Cinco de Mayo is such a fun holiday! I'm in love with any excuse to snack on chips, salsa & guac and the bright colors and nod to my Mexican heritage (que Viva la Raza!) are such a blast. This Sunday I'll be
slaving dancing away in the kitchen (I always make chicken enchiladas and homemade flautas for my little family) and hopefully we'll spend some time outside sipping something icy!
A peasant blouse and sarape printed shorts will keep you cool and festive and the infamous J Crew fan necklace is just kitschy enough to bring it all together. Ethnic dishes, a glam pinata and a refreshing treat (like authentic Mexican soda) will ensure that your fiesta is the chicest on the block!
* Originating in the Puebla state in Mexico to commemorate a battle, Cinco de Mayo is now celebrated in the US to honor Latin culture.
Do you have fiesta pans this weekend?
- J Crew Eyelet Top
- J Crew Fan Fringe Necklace in Sunwashed Aqua
- Mara Hoffman Mexican Blanket Shorts
- Confetti System Crystal Pinata in Gold
- Anthropologie 'Evenings in Quito' Dinnerware
- J Crew Lillian Suede Low Wedges
- Crewcuts Pom-Pom Dress
- Jarritos Mexican Soda
images via pinterest