5 Good Things
Good things come in fives... or they do on this blog at least.
1. School started last week! I can't believe summer is already over. Lorelai is officially in Kindergarten and I would be lying if I said we weren't struggling to adjust to the earlier mornings and fuller days. Getting her back into a routine will be awesome in the long run and I can already sense her thriving with a little bit more structure. It's so fun to see how excited she is to don a backpack everyday and to hear all about her activities on the ride home each afternoon.
2. This past weekend we took a little road trip to Atlanta and watched a couple of our dearest friends tie the knot. It's such a fun experience to be on the other side of a wedding... not planning or styling but being present as a guest! Lorelai rocked her role as flower girl and we all danced the night away.
3. I'm putting the final tweaks on a photo set of Natassja that I LOVE. Coupled with a few frames of Lani (see those here), some videos in the works and hopefully more shoots on the books this week, I'm finding a groove behind the camera. Although it's still a little intimidating (I've spent the last few years in the company of some seriously talented photographers) and challenging, creating my own images is quickly becoming an obsession. I can't wait to shoot more and share more!
4. Fall is looming and I am excited for all of the changes it brings! I'm looking forward to cooler weather, more opportunity and that sense of newness you feel at the start of each school year. That means big things (hopefully) are brewing behind the scenes of this blog and at Finery.
5. I've been feeling a bigger pull to focus on wellness. Although I haven't always been the most motivated, I'm hoping that a few life style changes will usher in a season of a bit more energy and better health. Need a jolt of inspiration? Take a look at this Vogue x Camille Rowe series!