5 Minute Makeup Routine
[show_ms_widget id="44425" image_id="68197" width="700" height="933"] You can now shop my posts directly by clicking the + next to each item!
With only a few minutes to spare in front of the mirror each morning (time is limited when you're chasing around a two year old and rushing to get as many cups of coffee in as possible before noon), I aim to make the whole process pretty seamless. I always like to look put together for whatever the day might throw at us but I've never been a big fan of a fussy routine... enter a few life-saving products and you've got the five-minute face!
01. Urban Decay Naked Basics - This palette is filled to the brim with pretty neutrals! It's perfect for everyday wear and I rarely find myself wanting anything more (see below) than a swipe of something taupe-y across my lid, something darker in my crease and a pop of highlight on my brow-bone + in the inner corner of my eye.
02. Dolce & Gabbana Shaping Eyebrow Pencil * - This product debuted this month (available only at Saks Fifth Avenue) and I just have to say, "Where have you been all my life?!" The tailor-made shape of this pencil is perfect for darkening sparse brows (for those of us who over-plucked in high school) and I love that the product is so natural looking.
03. Dior Eyeshadow Palette 'Earth Reflections' - For the days that I need a little extra sparkle... these shadows are perfect for date night and special occasions.
04. Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream - Since discovering BB creams and their cooler big sister CC cream (think tinted moisturizer with some serious fringe benefits), I haven't worn serious foundation in years. This one from Smashbox is fabulous for shooting blog photos since it doesn't leave a weird white-cast (caused by cover-up that uses SPF in its formula).
05. L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner - easiest. winged. liner. ever.
06. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Volume Building Mascara - I change out my mascara like I change out my accessories but this flavor of the month is proving to be quite the contender. I have naturally long lashes so I love anything with a thickening formula!
07. Eyelash Curler - I'm less picky about how these perform than how pretty they look on my vanity... oops. This pretty gold curler gets the job done well and looks so good doing it! (I've got my eye on this rose gold version next!)
08. Smith's Rosebud Salve - I want to be a lipstick girl... I really do. Try as I might to find the perfect red pout, I always go back to my favorite minty lip balm in lieu of something more fabulous. This salve from Smith's is easy, with just the right amount of tint to get me through the day. Did I mention the packaging is adorable?
* I was gifted products courtesy of Dolce & Gabbana PR to celebrate the launch of their Shaping Eyebrow Pencil. All opinions herein are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Chelsea & The City happen.