Is the week only halfway over? To me, it feels like Friday so naturally, I wanted to share 10 things I'm digging with you...
1. Can we talk about the 2018 Grammy's!!!??? Kesha's performance of her brave song 'Praying' brought me to actual tears and Janelle Monet's opening speech was one for the books. In case you missed the awards show, you can read her inspiring words below:
“Tonight, I am proud to stand in solidarity as not just an artist but a young woman with my fellow sisters in this room who make up the music industry. Artists, writers, assistants, publicists, CEOs, producers, engineers, and women from all sectors of the business. We are also daughters, wives, mothers, sisters, and human beings. We come in peace, but we mean business. And to those who would dare try and silence us, we offer you two words: Time's up. We say time's up for pay inequality, time's up for discrimination, time's up for harassment of any kind, and time's up for the abuse of power. Because you see, it's not just going on in Hollywood, it's not just going on in Washington -- it's right here in our industry as well. And just as we have the power to shake culture, we also have the power to undo the culture that does not serve us well. So let's work together, women and men, as a united music industry, committed to creating more safe work environments, equal pay and access for all women."
2. My forever girl-crush (and the lady boss making things happen at the Glitter Guide), Taylor, officially announced her new website and I'm waiting not-so-patiently to see what she has been cooking up with my other sweet friend Natalie. Everything the two of them touches is gold and to say that I'm excited would be an understatement.
3. Lately, I've been feeling a lot of things about the blogging world (haven't we all?!) and Courtney summed them all up perfectly this week. If you haven't read The Problems I Have With Blogging, do it now.
4. Speaking of the blog world... do you have social media anxiety? Harling perfectly nailed everything that Instagram has been making me feel this past couple of months on The Man Repeller.
5. A little bit of pretty to break it all up. Mother Mag (one of my favorite places to read about cool, inspiring mommas) toured Elle Strauss's stunning home. Can I move in?
6. Whenever Glossier launches a new product one of two things happens: 1) I rush to throw it my shopping cart immediately and 2) the internet breaks. Solution is here and it promises transformed skin in four weeks. Sign me up!
7. The second annual Women's March left me feeling so empowered! Although I wasn't able to march this year (not far to march on this tiny island), I loved seeing everyone's spirit and sassy signs. Looking for more information about the Women's Movement in general? The Everygirl aptly rounded up 9 Surprising Things The Women's Movement Accomplished.
8. 10 Reasons I Still Feel Like Myself As A Mom via The Mama Notes
9. I rounded up 10 Amazing Vintage Shops to Browse on Instagram this week for the Glitter Guide. Looking for something new for your closet? Look no further!
10. A shelfie that has my name written all over it! brb... I'm looking for wall space for this beauty.